Food Allergy Programs for Families and Caregivers
Kids with Food Allergies (KFA) is a division of the Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America. KFA’s programs improve the day-to-day lives of families raising children with food allergies.
Our programs empower families to create a safe and healthy future for their children. KFA offers practical solutions to families to cope with:
- Food allergy-related lifestyle adjustments
- Dietary restrictions
All KFA programs are available free of charge.
Our three major programming areas are education, support, and food and nutrition.
KFA’s educational resources give families reliable tools to keep their kids healthy and safe. Our resources help with home, school and daycare, social situations, restaurants, and traveling issues.
KFA’s educational offerings include:
- Webinars with expert guest speakers and health professionals
- Live online events
- Downloadable resources, guides and forms
KFA offers a free online course for parents and caregivers to learn the basics of managing food allergies. Sign-up today for Managing Your Child’s Food Allergies!
Support can be an important supplement to the physician-patient relationship. Much of food allergy management is dependent on avoidance strategies. Food allergy management also includes safe practices in day-to-day living. It is important for families raising children with food allergies to connect with others who understand and can be supportive. Support can be vital to coping with the stress of the daily challenges of managing food allergies. Support can also be a source of practical management strategies.
- KFA’s peer support offerings include our flagship online support community. KFA hosts the largest online support community for families raising children with food allergies (founded in 2005!). This community offers members peer-to-peer practical advice, and emotional and social support. When you sign up, you can connect with others on private support forums. You will also receive updated news from KFA including allergy-friendly recipes, food recalls, food allergy treatments and research, as well as lifestyle tips.
- KFA also encourages parents to seek local support. Search for AAFA-affiliated Educational Support Groups (ESGs) near you.
Food and Nutrition
Especially when new to the food allergy world, parents have many questions about food. What can I feed my child? How do I figure out which foods are safe and which are not? Where can I find safe recipes for food that my family will enjoy?
- Safe Eats™ Recipe database of more than 1,500 recipes searchable based on allergens to exclude
- Label reading guides
- New allergy-aware food finds
- Food and cooking support forums
- Food and nutrition-focused educational materials.
We also support the advocacy and research programs of AAFA.